In the lesson we all had to present any work or ideas that we had come up with over summer, I find this very nerve wracking especially as I didn’t know anyone in the class. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, I even got helpful feedback by everyone which I was pleased about.
My overall feedback from my session was:
- Gives a ‘crime scene’ feel – research weegee
- Look at Richard Wentworth’s work
- Does the time of day/weather change anything?
- Look into photographing in flat, dull, eerie atmospheres
- Would I stage these items in places? – Replace them in studio? Collect the items for exhibition?
- For post-editing to really fade or high contrast.
- Consider the location as much as the item. As well as the connection.
- What camera equipment to use.
I will take notice of all these ideas and put them into practice when I am next shooting some work.